Thursday 22 January 2009

Thailand - Here we come!!!

Well, the packing is just about completed and soon we will be off to the airport for our trip to Thailand and Cambodia. Our trusty backpacks are once again being used. Mine dates from 1996 and was a leaving gift from work. It is very well travelled and is beginning to look a bit shabby (well, aren't we all?) We bought Bill's in Vietnam a couple of years ago and although it has done well so far I am dubious about its quality.
Of course, already the doubts are arising...... what have I forgotten to pack? Will the D & D Inn on the Khaosan Road have a room for us? Will we have crap seats on the plane? We have already checked in on-line (isn't that a great thing to be able to do?) but I take nothing for granted. My two great hates of flying are a) people who insist on reclining their seats as soon as they get on so that the back of their seat is in my face and b) being sat by an overweight person - nothing so irritating as having your space invaded. You see, I am getting tense already and I haven't even left for the airport.

No comments: